TV4 Bondfilm 17 december Octopussy (1983) – Roger Moore
Magda Khristina Wayborn
Octopussy Magda (Kristina Wayborn) Kamal Khan
Maud Adams Octopussy
Magda in bed with James Bond
- In the pre-title sequence, as the Acrostar flies through the warehouse, you can see if you look carefully enough the pole upon which the mock jet is impaled on.
- When Vijay is ”fishing” (while James is with Octopussy), his shirt is 2 buttons shy of being buttoned to the top. When the intruders sneak attack him from front and behind, they rip his shirt 4 buttons down and nearly to the navel. Then when Gobinda walks down the steps and looks at Vijay, his shirt is back to being buttoned 2 buttons from the top. Then, when we look at Vijay from the vantage point of the goon with the buzzsaw, we see Vijay’s shirt is unbuttoned 3 or 4 notches again.
- During the film’s climax, the stuntman doubling for 007’s parachute can clearly be seen when the wind blows open his jacket. Later, when Gobinda falls off the plane, you can clearly see the orange straps of his parachute underneath his jacket as he spins away.
- The pre-title sequence with the Acrostar plane was originally intended to be a Little Nelly type battle sequence in Moonraker and was to take place above the Angel Falls in Brazil. It had to be scrapped when the falls’ river bed dried up
- Octopussy’s island was located in Udaipur, India. It was also known as the ”City of Sunrise”.
- Magda was an animal trainer, a jockey, and even a race car driver, before she became an actress.
- When Octopussy talks about Bond’s background with her father Major Dexter Smythe, that story is actually the whole plot of the Ian Fleming short story, ”Octopussy”.
- The Faberge egg auction sequence was in the Ian Fleming short story, ”Property of a Lady”.
- The page already says that the